Monday, March 26, 2007

OK, I'll be patient!

Today was a much needed day for me. Today I was reminded that God will take care of the details, and I really don't need to worry about them right now. As you may know, I've been stressing about selling the home on a certain timetable to close on the new house so we don't lose it. I felt frustrated all weekend that we may have to lose it and start over, when God so obviously led us this far. Is there something we haven't done? Should be doing? NOt doing? This goes around and around in my head, prayers, conversations, at night, etc on and on.
So today, I started my morning with my devotion and asked God to change my thoughts. From 10-11, I usually do paperwork and drive to the aquatics center, but something told me to stop on the way and buy a shirt. Again, not at all ususal, and given our recent financial state, not at all like me, but I knew I couln't wear the sweater in the hot pool area, and the tank top I had on was too flimsy. So, I quickly grabbed a shirt, made it to the aquatics center on time, and taught my first class, and woundn't you know a news crew walks in the door and starts filming us!!! They interviewed some patients, then put a microphone on me and interviewed me b/c their peice on the swim team didn't work out. I knew nothing of this, and thank God I wasn't wearing the flimsy tank top!!!
So here's my DUH thought: if God can lead me to the proper clothes, I'm pretty sure he's got this whole house thing taken care of already. I know I just need to be patient and wait on his timing. So easy to say, so much harder to really do, all the time, with all my thoughts, words, and prayers. So here goes!

2 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this story, Elizabeth! I'm praying for patience for you...hang in there :)

 
At 3/27/2007 8:08 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Amazing how God takes care of the little details...of course He can take care of the big stuff too! Praying for your patience and peace of mind!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home