Thoughts of the day: Kids
Whenever Kris and I feel like the only people who don't have kids, God reminds me that he has a plan for us, and knows what is best. I'm so glad that He is in control, not me. A few years ago, I had a few months of what I term infertility behavior. I began worrying about when we'd get pregnant, what we'd do once pregnant, then the baby, etc. God used Abbie's pregnancy with Sam to bring me closer to Him and understand his will for my life. Its not my job to worry or even plan every stinking detail about kids. I know that God controls my womb. If we are meant to have kids, it will happen in God's perfect time.
Its only hard every once in a while when I feel like there can only be so many babies, and everyone else is having them! Then I'm reminded of God's abundant blessings: He always does more than we expect: when giving the promised land he gave way more than the Isrealites expected. When coming to earth, Jesus did so much more than we expected: he saved us from sin and certain death FOREVER! Who am I to limit God in any way, or my favorite quote in the old testament, "When did My right arm become weak?" Of course He can make us parents! I trust it will happen someday in someway.
God has blessed me so fully already, how can I even ask for more? I try to live every day thankful and simply praise and worhip my creator. Also, whenever I feel especially sad or vulnerable Bella usually does something heart warming and one of the neices or nephews, sometimes all of them will be total brats, and Kris and I think, Thank God he is in control!
Tonight was one of those nights then I got an email from my highschool friend Karanena. She sent these pictures of her adorable daughter Gracie (on the left) which I just had to post! They were titled: Terrible Twos?!! Be sure and scroll slowly and let the pictures speak for themselves...






8 Comments:
I'm up way too late-planning my special Feb. getaway w/Will. Think I've found the perfect spot. You can check it out-www.theredhorseinn.com. Emailed them and now just have to wait to see if they have availability when we want to go. My mom said she'd come up and stay w/Ella here-isn't that sweet? So that would allow us to go up there instead of restricting us to Newberry.
Anywho...on to why I am writing this-those pictures left me in stitches. Seriously-absolutely hilarious! And now I see what I have to look forward to. :-)
I'm praying for God's will for y'all too re: becoming parents-I know you'll both be fabulous at it!
Love you!
I should have mentioned that neither of these girls have turned 18 months old, yet!! I've been told the "Terrible Two's" can start early. My sis-in-law and I have also been reminded that "this too shall pass". I hope that they'll be as close as you and Emily one day!! They live next door to one another and are together quite a bit. They do love each other...I have proof...once I get my blog up I'll post some "loving pictures" :)
I'll pray for God's will for y'all in the parent department...with God, nothing is impossible! Karanena
If it makes you feel any better (think I may have told you), Jeff and I used no protection for four years before this happened...I started to just assume that I wasn't going to get pregnant. Jeff says it was the red nightie he bought me that did it :) I guess (if you can take advice from your little cousin!) I'd say have lots of fun trying, realize you are a complete person already and a wonderful aunt, doctor, and friend, and it will happen in God's timing...the OT is full of encouraging stories of miracle pregnancies. And I agree, being around kids often...like my students...helps out with that longing...ha!
Sorry if this is too personal, but have you considered adopting? Jeff and I started to think that's the way we would become parents. To rescue a child who would be otherwise unwanted would be a wonderful thing. In fact in our SS class in Greenville, there were 4 or 5 couples who adopted...all wonderful stories.
Praying that God's will be done. You would make the most fun mom ever!
OK, my first response was sarcastic of course: what? should we be having sex??? we'll have to try that... 10 years of praying and no baby...Then more followed that left Kris in hysterics. But the honest response is that we don't feel led to adopt. I think its wonderful and hope one day to make an impact in that way, but we don't qualify. God has shut that door. We've also had alot of God given reproductive challenges (remember Kris's cancer and my tumors?), but I know our anatomy, and I also know that if God can allow Sara to become a pregnant old lady, so can I!!! I know full and well that God controls my womb. We aren't crazy trying either with the whole thermometer, charts etc. It will happen when it happens. We've been married almost 10 years, so it gets harder as we get older, but I'm not as olf as Sara yet!!!
Ok, maybe I deserved that. I'm sure you've thought all this out. But if you would have just been patient I had a few more words of wisdom to share. This one from the OT. To increase fertility, walk around the room blowing trumpets 7 times, then procreate. Another that works amazingly: take a milk and honey bath right before, while having Kris feed you grapes. Think plenteous thoughts.
And this is one of my secret, no-fail techniques: nighties with chest cones and butt spikes.
Hmm....maybe I'm getting too creative with this one and should just email you :) LOL
OK, there's one we haven't tried!!! Kris says he's a little afraid of the spikes, but whats a little scarring when we're talking about kids...hehehe He said he'd take one for the team. I might still have some pom poms: do you think they'll help?
hahaha
You two are quite funny...all this over Gracie and Carson going hysterical over lei's! I'm so glad I had my camera handy!!! :) Karanena
LOVED the RL biscuits! I ate 3 for dinner and while putting the few remaining away, started nibbling away on my 4th!
Keep those yummy recipes coming!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home