To Blog, or Not to Blog
That is my question. Facebook has become a nice outlet for catching up with family and friends, but it does not allow for long rambling updates. And Farmville, don't get me started. So I'm back.
Here is my most recent update: I fell off the weight watchers wagon and gained 10 lbs. Grr. Fell face first into eating what I want while triathlon training and then when not triathlon training anymore. But I picked my heavier self back up, wiped the chocolate crumbs off my face, and thanks to a wonderful girl's weekend with my dearest Ash, I am finally back on track and losing again. 20 more mandatory pounds to go, 30 more for vanity, and 40 to look anorexic and gaunt with lots of excess skin and wrinkles. So 30 lbs is my goal. I am committed to not eating junk, journaling more regularly to vent my emotions, and not over exercising. hahaha. We'll see about the last one. My left foot is sore from walking around in high heels.
Sunday I was guilted into driving to Sumter for Laura's baptism. It was at 7 pm. The rainy drive was quickly made up for when she ran to us and said "Aunt, Uncle You're Here!" All was worth it. We took some pictures and then headed into the church where Matthew was also ecstatic to see us. Specifically Uncle Kris. So I became Laura's personal paparazzi. I captured Ruth lighting candles to the actual baptism in frigid water. Laura was the bravest of 5 and didn't complain about the cold! Afterwards we drove home in the rain thankful to have been apart of Laura's public commitment to Christ.
Today, I attended my second jury duty term this year. This time its civil jury duty and to be continued tomorrow. I can't comment on the case until it is over. Enough said. I met some nice people and don't have to work for the next 3 days! Life is good!




3 Comments:
The heels are worth it! Trust me on this one!!
OUCH! I still have foot pain! I'm still wearing them with the black dress though!
Glad you haven't given up blogging! I've gone through the same thought process w/ facebook...is enough enough...? but you're right that there is not the same space for lengthy tomes which we all get the urge to write occasionally.
I loved jury duty the one time I did it and did enjoy meeting new people & discussing the case (on toxic spills on someone's property!) Fun not having to work too.
Great to read an update! You look great in heels, keep wearing 'em :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home